Retrocausality is a tabletop RPG about time travel adventures, in the vein of Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure or Back to the Future.
It uses a rules-light, card-based system that lets you decide how time travel works. Whether you have a specific movie you want to emulate, you have Opinions on the Novikov self-consistency principle, or you prefer not to ask too many questions, Retrocausality can make it happen. Even better, the rules are so light you can use Retrocausality to run a time travel adventure in a different game. That's twice as much game.
This 60-page book comes with full-colour art from a bunch of great artists, eight sample characters, advice on running time travel games, and a tacit admission that I have read Homestuck.
- Convention-friendly character creation: a list of the things you're good at and the type of time travel shenanigans you prefer will do.
- Rules-light, complex outcomes: Every result is a success or failure, and may also be excellent or bogus, creating a wider variety of outcomes with every challenge.
- Time travel rules split actions into their focus (what you're interacting with) and method (the how). Without a list of specific allowed time travel actions, you're free to do what you want!
- A guide to support tools that will help make your time travel adventures even better.
- There's art of a time traveller high-fiving Obama after making Karl Marx a US President. I will not be taking questions.
- A computer
- PDF reader
- A deck of cards
- Words: Paul Matijevic
- Art: Crossy, Kylie DiOrio, Olav Larsen, Kaitlynn Peavler, Caio Prugner
- Layout: Chris Lee
- Our Kickstarter backers!
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $15 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.